Monday, November 18, 2013

My Last Post on this Blog -

First of all, thank you to all the people who have taken the time to leave comments.

The X-Bolt is long gone, along with another Browning firearm that I owned, I will not be purchasing any more Browning anything.

What was so upsetting about this whole situation was that particular rifle was one of the most accurate rifles I've ever owned, I hated getting rid of it.  Browning left me no choice though, they just didn't care, and every time I would call them I got a different story.

I sent this rifle back to Browning for fixing, they claimed they did all this stuff to fix the problem - still would not eject.  I then took it to 2 different gunsmiths and told them "you have carte blanche" to fix this, whatever it takes is ok with me, and neither one of them came up with a solution, that's how bad I wanted to keep this particular firearm.

What surprised me the most was the response I got from a few of the major gun rags, or I guess I should say the lack of response.  I called and emailed, gave the links to this blog and my youtube channel, and got NOTHING, they wouldn't touch this.  Maybe they figured it's not that big an issue, not worth their time.  I'm thinking they know which side their bread is buttered on, and who's doing the buttering - enough said on that!

Thanks for nothing GUNS and GUNS AND AMMO, along with a couple other publications, I mention those 2 because I let my subscription to both lapse.

So that's about it, I'm leaving this post because someone said we need to get the word out about this - he just bought one and it's doing the exact same thing.  Check the dates on some of the previous posts, the word is out, one of these videos on my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/azCHR1S has close to 40,000 views.  I've done what I can and now have moved on.  My new favorite rifle for hunting is a Ruger in 300 RCM, very accurate and pretty close ballistically to the 300 WSM.

Any questions or comments for me directly  -  chris@chris-1.com

Thanks for reading my blog, I hope it has helped in some way.

 





9 comments:

  1. Chris, thanks for bringing this issue with the 300 wsm x bolt front and centre.I know you did all you could and lacked the support you should have rec'd. from all of us (who are having the same exact issue ) AND I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF US !!!) that just haven't stepped up and spoke up.
    I wrote to your blogs a couple times,I called Browning...they did NOTHING...NOTHING!
    I'm not giving up yet...and I wish that everyone who has this problem with their Browning X - Bolt rifle,who paid good money to buy a piece of crap product please call Browning and then post what happens to them or their problem so we all can ALL BE KEPT IN THE SAME LOOP...and let other potential "BROWNING" customers be beware of what the hell is going on...
    People,please take the time and call Browning...they created the problem...they should fix the problem...
    After all...we bought "the best there is"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. does anybody know if browning has addressed this problem...
    I'd like to know ...going to be buying a new rifle and like the x bolt...but if the browning company has not done anything to fix this ejection problem....I'll be buying another manufactures product

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let everyone know...I just purchased a browning x bolt Madelion 300 wsm in September of 2012. (Madellion White Gold) so even more money. !
    I took it out to the range and guess what...my brand new Browning x bolt...DOES NOT EJECT LIVE ROUNDS..
    I checked out the internet to see if anyone had the same problem as I did...and was astounded to see that this problem surfaced three years ago...

    ...you asked if Browning has done anything to fix this problem...it's obvious they haven't...BECAUSE THREE YEARS LATER i BOUGHT ONE AND IT'S STILL DOING THE SAME THING.
    I'm going to call Browning,but by the looks of things...they don't care about the loyality of their cutomers...just our money !!!
    I

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem with a 300wsm ss. I should have bought the 300 win mag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to dump a 325wsm and a .300winmag x-bolts because they wouldnt eject empty rounds. Sent the first one back to browning 3 times nothing was better. The second one i just took a loss, didnt need the headache. I do have two other x-bolts, .243 and .308 that work fine and love the guns. Next time i buy a magnum i will bring empty cases with me to try before i buy. Oh yeah, it isnt the scope turrets that is the problem as one guy suggests. Both of mine malfunctioned with scopes off the gun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Planning on buying an X-Bolt in 6.5 Creedmore caliber. Anyone having ejection problems with ithis caliber x Bolt? I have been shooting an A-Bolt 300 WSM for years & never had problems with ejection. Could the problem ejectin rounds in xbolts be in the barrel-receiver interface or just the bolt itself?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to get an x-bolt also but after reading this I don’t know what to do....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris,

    I bought an X-Bolt Medallion back in 2013 or so (about the time I realized they started making their rifles in Japan). I bought a .308 and have complaints about the Bolt assembly itself. The bolt on the Browning is very light and feels loose in the housing. It doesn't slide smooth at all. I have a Winchester Model 70 30-06, which is a superb rifle, so I haven't been in a rush to find a heavier duty bolt. Have you heard of this issue, and do you know if they make a sturdier bolt?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betway NJ mobile app review - JTG Hub
    Here 광명 출장마사지 we list the features and features 논산 출장샵 you must know at Betway NJ mobile 논산 출장안마 the best 목포 출장마사지 way to deposit money and play online sports betting in New Jersey. 남원 출장안마

    ReplyDelete